Document clearing forms the catalyst of any business whether old or new. Every document needs to be authenticated in various formats depending upon the type of company formation. Though this might seem easy, it is a meticulous task and calls for an alert mind and law savvy personnel. At Avyanco, we make your document clearing process as easy as it seems. Although UAE offer a host of commercial advantages for setting up a business, the process calls for lengthy bureaucratic and legal measures. Having an agency to help you with the process is the most prolific way to reduce cost and time. We understand the sensitivity and intricacies of contract law and offer services that leave you with nothing to worry about.
FAQs on Document Clearing
1. What is the process for legal document attestation in the UAE?
The process for legal document attestation in the UAE involves 4 main steps. They are:
- Notarization to be done in your country of origin
- Attestation to be done by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in your country of origin
- Certification to be done by the UAE Embassy or Consulate in your country of origin
- Certification to be done by the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA)
2. Will I need a No Objection Certificate or NOC to get a license and set up my company in the UAE?
In the case of a foreign national on a visit/tourist visa then NOC is not required. If the person wants to open a company and he has already a resident visa as an employee designation, then NOC is required if the person has the owner or investor designation visa then NOC is not required. There is one more regulation in DED that if the person wants an instant license then NOC is not required at all.
3. What are the documents needed to set up a free zone business in UAE?
To set up a free zone company in the UAE, you will need to submit several documents.
The general documents needed to set up an FZE business in the UAE include:
- A properly filled up application license form
- Contact details of the owner
- Name choice for name reservation of the company
- Signed MOA
- Passport copies of the business managers and partners
The documents needed to obtain a consultancy license include from above:
- Copy of the degree/diploma certificate mentioning the required activities, or experience certificate (any of these documents is a must)
The documents needed to obtain an industrial license include from above:
- Existing company profile
- Business feasibility study
- Correctly filled up the form for the investor’s project profile
The documents needed to obtain documents for the branch companies include:
- Attested copy of the parent company’s registration certificate, incorporation certificate, as well as the Memorandum and Articles of Association (MAA)
- Original Board Resolution
- Original Power of Attorney (PoA) of the legal representative as well as their passport copy
4. What are the documents needed to set up a mainland LLC business in the UAE?
- Certified passport copies of all shareholders and managers
- Copy of the UAE residence visa, if it exits
- A NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the current UAE residence visa sponsor
- Name choices for company name reservation
If the shareholder happens to be a corporate entity, the documentation must include:
- Memorandum and articles of the shareholding company
- A board resolution approving the incorporation of a new LLC in the UAE
- A PoA to the general manager for the incorporation of the new LLC
The mandatory documents needed to set up a company in Dubai will vary depending on the type of business activity, legal entity, type of shareholder, and the company’s location. Contact Avyanco for your business setup in UAE. We will advise you and assist you on each step to establish your company.
5. How do I get local documents Notarized in the UAE?
Public and private notary services are available in the UAE – in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and the other Emirates. Appointments for the notary public offices can be made directly or through the online notary system. (Please note that the system is separate for Dubai and Abu Dhabi. The Abu Dhabi online notary system requires the relevant documents to be uploaded and approved before a physical notary appointment is scheduled.)
Another option is to request the Notary public to visit you at your home or private office in some specific cases. This can be done by requesting such an appointment.
The general requirements for notarising a document in the UAE are:
- Original document (in Arabic or dual language side by side text) must be presented
- The person(s) signing the document should have the necessary powers to sign and provide supporting documentation as well as identification
- The document must conform to the applicable UAE laws
- All the persons signing the document have to be physically present
Once the necessary documents are submitted, the notary public reviews the document witnesses the document’s signing and verifies the signatories’ identity.
Please note that video call notarization is also allowed during the current COVID travel restrictions – you can contact Avyanco for more information on this.
If you need support with document preparation and notarization for any of the Emirates, Dubai, or Abu Dhabi, we can help. Our company set up experts are highly experienced in all business set up processes, and the documents required for each of them. We will be delighted to assist you.
The benefits of hiring us:
- All your legal documents and contracts are written for you.
- We ensure all your documents abide by the International and UAE law.
- We protect your business and your position.